Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Movie

I saw "The Bucket List" tonight. I know! Three movies in one week! I dunno what is going on. I love movies, but I rarely go because I lack a movie buddy. And, it gets better. I went to the LATE show! After YW! Holy cow I'm livin' on the edge!

And welcome TBEAR! So glad to have you join in the fun.

So, back to the movie. Some of it I really liked. Some of it I did not. Hmmm, it is difficult to give a review without giving away too much info. So I won't. If you see it, let me know and we will discuss. This is why I don't make my living as a movie reviewer. I don't usually read reviews and I avoid watching movie previews if at all possible because they give away half the movie.

So my movie buddy moved away (you know who you are!) and my daughter goes with her friends instead of me and my friends have small children that requires planning and babysitters and complications which leaves practically no room for movies. You don't really think about this when you get divorced. Not having a movie partner isn't high on the priority list when making that decision. Maybe it should be. (Ha ha ha ha) I went to a movie by myself once, and I didn't enjoy it very much. I was out-of-town for a conference and had a free afternoon, so I saw Mission Impossible. Alone. No fun whatsover because there is no one to discuss things with. I didn't like watching it alone. And I felt uncomfortable the whole time.

I still want to see "Mad Money." I just need to find someone to go with me. Any takers?

2 comments:

tupins said...

LOVE MOVIES! I went to National Treasure 2 by myself just a couple of weeks ago. (dh wouldn't go with me after I had booked a babysitter...was not going to give that up, well it ended up being the same night that he had his little issue) Unfortunatly, the movie was crowded and everyone kept asking "are you saving any seats?" How do you not look pathetic when answering no to that question? I personally don't mind doing things alone, even movies, but please don't keep pointing at me. (ha, ha)

Still want to see the Bucket List, I am not a Jack Nicholson fan, but I am a HUGE Morgan Freeman fan, figures that is evens itself out.

So I am guessing that if I come down for Presidents Weekend, we will have to schedule movie time. (At least 2 ..or 3 ..or 4 times)

Li'l Red said...

I've only seen a movie by myself once, and I didn't like it. I felt uncomfortable the whole time. That's why there's DVDs, right? That's pretty funny, you having to say over and over, no, not saving any seats. Which in movie-going terms means, no, I don't have any friends.

I really liked Morgan Freeman's character in the Bucket List. Jack is typical Jack. And he's in a hospital. You do the math. (= not pleasant to look at when he is grumpy and sick.) Even so, it wasn't what I expected (not a comedy) but it was a good story. So IMHO its worth seeing.